Exactly how much additional daylight comes each day? The U.S. Navy is glad you asked. This page designed by the Astronomical Applications Department of the U.S. Naval Observatory provides a way for you to obtain a table of the duration of daylight or darkness for any year between 1700 and 2100, and any location worldwide.
When it comes to staying safe in winter weather, you know the drill:
- Dress in layers of loose clothing for insulation – tight clothing reduces blood circulation to the extremities.
- Wear waterproof and insulated boots.
- Wear a hat to reduce loss of body heat through your head.
- Monitor your physical condition and that of coworkers.
- Move to warmer location during breaks.
- Limit amount of time outside if necessary.
- Carry extra socks, gloves, hats, jacket, plus a thermos of hot liquid.