You may know Tri-State/Service Group for our custom metal fabrication solutions for architectural, industrial, safety, access, and HVAC applications. Did you know we also design and craft signage and sculptural pieces?
We can work with you to define the goal of your artwork, its size, and placement parameters. From there, we produce concept sketches followed by detailed drawings. This helps our clients to visualize the work before committing to a final design.
Mark an entrance, define a gathering place, or merely enhance the beauty of a space by providing a focal point with sculptural metal artwork from the Tri-State/Service Group.
- Almost three-fourths of the products examined offer inferior sun protection or contain worrisome ingredients like oxybenzone, a hormone disruptor, or retinyl palmitate, a form of vitamin A that may harm skin.
- Sunscreens using zinc oxide and titanium dioxide are stable in sunlight and offer good protection from UVA and UVB ultraviolet radiation without potentially harmful additives.
Summer is officially here–and it’s predicted to be a hotter than normal season.
Outdoor workers are exposed to a great deal of heat stress in summer. When heat exposure or physical exertion increases to the point that the body’s attempts to cool itself are no longer effective, heat-related illnesses result.
Newer workers are especially vulnerable. In an OSHA study of 25 incidents of heat-related illness, in almost half of the cases, the worker was on their first day of work; and in 80% of the cases, the worker had only been on the job for four or fewer days.
According to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), employers should have a plan in place to prevent heat-related illness that includes acclimatization (getting used to weather conditions) of new and returning workers.
When you choose the Tri-State/Service Group, you’re partnering with an experienced and safe roofing contractor. Through our “Working. Safe.” program, we are always working to improve safety performance and minimize risks like these each day–with a zero injury and illness goal.
OSHA has designated June 12-18, 2017, as “Safe + Sound Week,” a new nationwide effort that calls on organizations of all sizes in a wide range of industries to raise awareness of the value and importance of workplace safety and health programs.
Safety – sometimes it’s the little things. A study in the New England Journal of Medicine found that when surgical teams heeded a simple checklist, patient mortality rates were cut nearly in half and complications fell by more than a third.
Why? Checklists can break down complex tasks into components parts, helping ensure nothing is left out or forgotten. They are a simple method to remind workers that “these are things that need to be done–these are steps that are expected to be taken.”
Use of safety checklists on job sites is a small, but effective part of our group’s comprehensive safety program, “Working. Safe.” Our goal: zero incidents and zero injuries.
According to OSHA, in order to ensure chemical safety in the workplace, information about the identities and hazards of the chemicals must be available and understandable to workers. OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) provides a common and coherent approach to classifying chemicals and communicating hazard information on labels and safety data sheets.
Pictograms are graphic symbols used to communicate specific information about the hazards of a chemical. The pictograms OSHA has adopted are used worldwide and improve worker understanding of the hazards associated with the chemicals in their workplace.
Take this quiz to see if you can identify the correct meaning of these symbols.
National Roofing Week is a great time to highlight and appreciate our seasoned and professional roofing crews. These skilled workers are at the heart of what we do. This week (and every week) we celebrate the important job they perform–working, building, maintaining, and repairing roof systems.
Taking place June 4 -10 this year, National Roofing Week is organized by the National Roofing Contractors Association with the mission of increasing awareness of the importance of roofs to every business and home across the U.S.
Our group installed new ductwork pieces and a duct transition, then dismantled the heat exchange tube bundle in preparation for a new tube bundle installation.
Elements for the change-out were designed by the client’s in-house engineer.
Tri-State coordinates efforts with our customers and other contractors/trades to complete important projects safely and in a timely manner.
NOAA reports that each year the United States averages 10,000 thunderstorms, 1,300 tornadoes, and 2 Atlantic hurricanes.
You can predict the possibility of severe weather for specific date ranges and geographic areas with NOAA’s Severe Weather Data Snapshot. This, and other weather data visualization tools are available here:
Our fabricators work hard all year long, but we’re sending some special recognition and appreciation their way in April, National Welding Month.
Tri-State/Service Group metal fabrication shops are equipped with the latest technology including CNC high-density plasma cutting to 1-inch thickness of all metals, and shearing and forming capacities up to .25 inch, plus complete welding capabilities: MIG, TIG, and arc welding of carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum by our certified welders.
Our group works with businesses to provide custom metal products from architectural and HVAC/mechanical pieces to fabrications that improve safety, access, air quality, and productivity. And we have our welders to thank for that.
Join us in recognizing these craftsmen this month.
The Parkersburg office of Tri-State received the “CAWV 2016 Safety Award – Specialty Contractor Division.”
The award marks Tri-State’s second safety recognition by the association for the 2016 operational year. The Contractors Association of West Virginia announced the honor at the 2017 CAWV State Meeting on March 23.
Contractors participating in the program are scored on their documented safety policies and procedures, commitment and approach to safety and health, and recorded statistical data for the year. Special attention is given to the quality of safety training provided to employees and members who demand active employee involvement in their safety process.
- The fine art of metal fabrication July 17, 2017
- Report: 73% of sunscreens do not actually work or may damage skin. June 27, 2017
- Summer is here. Let’s stay cool & safe. June 20, 2017
- Safe + Sound Week: June 12-18 June 12, 2017
- June is National Safety Month. Can you identify these hazards? June 8, 2017
- It’s National Roofing Week! June 5, 2017
- Anything out of Metal: Yes, we can install that. May 18, 2017
- Predict the possibility of severe weather ahead. May 8, 2017
- April is National Welding Month. April 3, 2017
- Tri-State Roofing & Sheet Metal receives second safety award from Contractors Association of West Virginia March 28, 2017
- Contractors Association of West Virginia recognizes Tri-State Roofing & Sheet Metal with Safety Award. March 22, 2017
- See you at the West Virginia Construction & Design Expo – Booth #520 March 20, 2017
- Sharing a little green this St. Patrick’s Day March 10, 2017
- March is National Ladder Safety Month February 27, 2017
- “Working. Safe.” It’s what we do. It’s how we do it. February 15, 2017
- Punxsutawney Phil has spoken: 6 more weeks of winter February 2, 2017
- Anything out of metal — Yes, we can make that: tanks January 9, 2017
- Tax credits, rebates, and incentives to ring in 2017 December 29, 2016
- Happy First Day of Winter! December 20, 2016
- West Virginia Capitol Office Building 3 featured in national building contractor magazine November 22, 2016
- Honoring all who served November 10, 2016
- Just in time for Halloween: scary things on the roof October 25, 2016
- Anything out of metal — Yes, we can make that: dust collection system components October 18, 2016
- America’s 11 most endangered historic places announced. October 6, 2016
- Weather resources inform residents in Hurricane Matthew’s path. October 6, 2016
- Drive Safely Work Week – Oct. 3 – 7, 2016 October 3, 2016
- Fall has arrived! Enjoy the show. September 21, 2016
- National Tradesmen Day is September 16th. September 15, 2016
- Here’s a reason to celebrate National Ampersand Day: September 8, 2016 September 7, 2016
- Honoring our workers this Labor Day September 1, 2016
- September is National Preparedness Month. September 1, 2016
- First half of 2016: on track to surpass 2015 as hottest on record July 27, 2016
- When thunder roars, go indoors. July 19, 2016
- Anything out of metal — Yes, we can make that: chutes July 1, 2016
- It’s National Roofing Week! June 6, 2016
- Get your safety check-up. June is National Safety Month. June 1, 2016
- May is Building Safety Month May 18, 2016
- ASHRAE-funded research identifies 30 significant energy reduction measures. May 3, 2016
- National Safety Stand-Down to Prevent Falls in Construction April 29, 2016
- Happy Earth Day! April 19, 2016
- Know what else those April showers can bring? April 11, 2016
- April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month April 1, 2016
- Contractors Association of West Virginia recognizes two Tri-State Roofing & Sheet Metal Company offices with Safety Awards. March 28, 2016
- Meet us at the West Virginia Construction & Design Expo: Booths #520 & #2002 March 22, 2016
- It’s spring! Time for your roof inspection. March 21, 2016
- Anything out of metal –Yes, we can make that: hoppers March 4, 2016
- Anything out of metal –Yes, we can make that: toll booths February 5, 2016
- Seeking the best new building in the world February 4, 2016
- A year of weather highlight reel February 4, 2016