Fall protection leads the list with 6072 violations. Four violations on this year’s list are specific to OSHA’s Part 1926 — Safety and Health Regulations for Construction, including inadequate fall protection, lack of guardrails for scaffolding, improper use of ladders, and lack of fall protection training.
According to the National Safety Council, the list varies little from year to year, but the violation for “Fall Protection – Training Requirements” is new to the list this year.
- Top 10 Most Frequently Cited Workplace Safety Violations for 2017
- 1. Fall Protection – General Requirements (1926.501): 6,072
- 2. Hazard Communication (1910.1200): 4,176
- 3. Scaffolding (1926.451): 3,288
- 4. Respiratory Protection (1910.134): 3,097
- 5. Lockout/Tagout (1910.147): 2,877
- 6. Ladders (1926.1053): 2,241
- 7. Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178): 2,162
- 8. Machine Guarding (1910.212): 1,933
- 9. Fall Protection – Training Requirements (1926.503): 1,523
- 10. Electrical – Wiring Methods (1910.305): 1,405
The list is preliminary, with the final version due in December.
Tri-State/Service Group’s comprehensive safety program, Working. Safe. is the embodiment of 94 years of safety experience. We’ve set a goal for ourselves of zero incidents and zero injuries on the job. Achieving a goal like this takes a combination of program elements and consistent application of all we’ve learned–and it all started with setting safety as our number one priority. When you work with a Tri-State/Service Roofing & Sheet Metal Group company, you’re working with an experienced and safe contractor.