Roofing is dangerous work. When you choose the Tri-State/Service Group, you’re partnering with an experienced and safe roofing contractor. Our group works continuously to improve safety performance–evaluating and refining our processes daily–with a zero injury and illness goal. And it has paid off.
Did you know? Experienced workers are safer workers. Our superintendents and foremen average 20 years of experience on the job.
On the Job Site
- We pre-plan equipment and material use for safe and productive work.
- All levels of management perform unannounced routine audits, checking for job site safety program compliance.
- Job foremen inspect fire extinguishers (required on each job), ladders, fall protection, and electrical equipment.
- We maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) on hazardous materials at your job site.
- Our superintendents and foremen average 20 years of experience on the job.
- We conduct drug testing and background checks.
- The safety records of each superintendent, foreman, and all field personnel are evaluated on a regular basis.
- Foremen have Red Cross first aid training or an equivalent.
- New hires undergo comprehensive safety orientation/training.
- We employ an in-house safety director and risk manager.
- Our complete written safety program, Working. Safe. is available for your review.
- Our company-wide safety committee holds regular meetings with a full agenda that includes review of any accidents or near misses, and industry and government updates.
- We are committed to ongoing safety training and certification.
- We comply with all OSHA, EPA, and DOT regulations.
- Our insurance policies cover risks in all major lines including Workers Compensation employer liability, general liability, business auto, property, pollution, umbrella, inland marine, and D&O coverage.
- Our Workers Compensation experience modifiers are among the best in the industry.