Multi-ply roofing systems have a long history of successful, leak-free installations with impressive longevity. Their strength, redundancy, and proven dependability is due to the fact that asphalt is an ideal roofing adhesive, forming a waterproof bond between surfaces. Nothing else compares.
Did you know? There are "cool" reflective Energy Star-compliant coating or cap sheet options available for multi-ply roof systems.
Multiple plies protect with redundancy.
In multi-ply systems, redundant bitumen/felt layers are completely adhered over the entire roof to create a monolithic barrier resulting in a durable, reliable roof.
- superior puncture and leak protection
- suitable for all types of roof decks
- adaptable to meet any penetration or flashing configuration
- economical: competitive cost per year of expected service life
- withstands high roof traffic
- excellent resistance to water and durability under prolonged exposure to weather
- meets strict fire resistance requirements and provides wind uplift resistance under extreme wind conditions
- easy to repair and maintain
- performs well in extremes of heat and cold
The right multi-ply specification
With a variety of reinforcements, modifiers, and surfacing options available, a multi-ply system can be tailored to almost every type of construction and application. Tri-State/Service Group offers design, specification, and budgeting assistance for your new or re-roofing project. You'll get the right system to protect your building.
- Built-up Roofing (BUR)
- Modified Bitumen
- Hybrid systems
Skilled applicators are essential.
A seasoned workforce and quality assurance are essential during construction of a multi-ply roof. Tri-State/Service companies have the skilled workers who will get the details right.
- compliance with specifications
- proper material storage
- preparation of deck substrate
- temperature control of bitumen
- continuous, uniform interply moppings
- proper expansion/contraction joints
- expert in-house sheet metal fabrication, installation
- ANSI-certified edge metals